Travelling to Glasgow, UK
Glasgow Airport (GLA) is the main airport serving the city of Glasgow, with a few direct flight connections from the U.S. and Europe. From the airport, the fastest way to reach the workshop venue is to take the Glasgow Shuttle (bus line First 500) (single £6/return £8.50), and to get off the bus on St. Vincent Street (see map below). Taxis are also available at the airport (the fare to the Grand Central Hotel in the city centre should be about £25).
Edinburgh Airport (EDI) serves many national and international destinations and is also very well connected to Glasgow. Citylink Airprovides a direct service (45 to 60 min transit time – single £11/return £18) from Edinburgh Airport to Buchanan Bus Station in the centre of Glasgow. If train is preferred, the tram Airlink 100 bus line connect the airport to Haymarket railway station in Edinburgh, where trains to Glasgow Central Station are available (see the National Rail website)
For information on trains to and from Glasgow Central Station, please refer to the National Rail website.
The workshop venue is located at the heart of Glasgow, and there is a wealth of other possibilities for accommodation. We list here a selection of hotels located closest to the venue.
- Premier Inn Glasgow Buchanan Galleries, St Andrew House, 141 W Nile St (££)
- Park Inn Glasgow City Centre, 141 W George St (££)
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre, 377 Argyle St (££)
- Jurys Inn Glasgow, 80 Jamaica St (££)
- Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow, 87 Union St (£££)
- Hotel Indigo, 75 Waterloo St (£££)
- Radisson Blu Glasgow, 301 Argyle St (£££)
and many others can be found on your favorite booking website (e.g. booking.com, expedia.co.uk, etc.)